Are you, your family members or clients struggling to meet the needs of an elderly loved one during a chronic illness or disability? If you see one of these signs of distress, the family may benefit from a referral to the law firm of Thomas W. Packer.
- The caregiver is suffering from burnout, ill health, frustration, guilt or confusion.
- Family members are confused about care options, what to do next or where to get help.
- The elder was diagnosed with cancer, Alzheimer’s disease or other chronic condition.
- The elder is ill or disabled with children who live out of town.
- The elder has experienced a catastrophic event such as a fall or medication mistake.
- Children are voicing concerns about a parent’s debilitating diagnosis.
- The elder suffered a medical event such as a stroke or heart attack.
- Elders are expressing worries about paying for long-term care in the future.
- The elder is hospitalized and the family has been told that going home is not an option.
- Family members have discovered the elder wandering, malnourished, dehydrated or unable to provide self care.
Tom Packer is the first attorney in Southeast Idaho to offer Life Care Planning. If you have questions about an elderly loved one, call today.