Unfortunately, there is no cure for Alzheimer’s but you can make a difference.
Do you know the 10 signs of Alzheimer’s’ Disease?
1) Memory loss that disrupts daily life
2) Challenges in planning or solving problems
3) Difficulty completing familiar tasks
4) Confusion with place and time
5) Trouble understanding visual images and spatial relationships
6) New problems with words in speaking and writing
7) Misplacing things and losing the ability to reduce steps
8) Decreased or poor judgment
9) Withdrawal from work or social activities
10) Changes in mood and personality
© 2009 Alzheimer’s Association
Alzheimer’s disease is currently the most prominent type of Dementia. According to the Alzheimer’s Association, “Nearly one in every three seniors who die each year in Idaho has Alzheimer’s disease or another Dementia”. The national cost of Alzheimer’s disease in 2012 reached $203 Billion dollars. We want to say thank you to the 76 thousand caregivers that gave their time and energy to provide care for loved ones that are living with Dementia every day.
For additional support please contact your doctor, an elder law attorney or call the Alzheimer’s association 24/7 helpline at 1-800-272-3900. This help line is confidential and staffed by master level care consultants for support and guidance. To learn more go to https://thelongestday.alz.org/